Android Vk Sdk
Initialization and login
- Create a new application here: create application
- Choose standalone applicaton and confirm app creation via SMS.
- Fill Package namefor Android as your current package name. You can get your package name inside android manifest file, at the very begginning.
- Get your Certificate fingerprint by executing this command in your shell/cmd:
You can also get this fingerprint by SDK itself:
Add recieved fingerprint into your Signing certificate fingerprint for Android: field in Vk app settings (where you entered your package name)
Then add this to your gradle file:
- Initialize the SDK on startup using the following method. The best way is to call it in the Applications onCreate method.
This is the best way to initizlize VKSdk. Don't use the methid where VK_ID should be placed inside strings.xml because api will not work correctly after it.
- Final step is to login using vksdk.
This modified text is an extract of the original Stack Overflow Documentation created by following contributors
and released under CC BY-SA 3.0